Thursday, October 21, 2010

New to all of this

Why is it so important for people to say they have faith? What is it about those two words that can make people believe that anything will be ok?

I have uttered those words, or thought them to myself countless times over the past few months. As if simply having faith would get me through my most recent valley of the shadows. And yet I do not know if I would have gotten through the past months with out those words. To me having faith is the same things as God's plan for us or understanding that God knows everything and good will come from the bad. If someone had asked me six months ago if my life would be anything close to what it is now I would have said no. I was still hurting from breaking off my engagement and was not sure how long it would take to get over that hurt.

But I had faith that it would all work out. And in May I met the man who healed my broken heart and spirit and helped me to see that it will all be ok again. I was one credit short of graduating college six months ago, and now I will graduate with credits to spare, because I had faith that it would work out. All of this may seem small but to me they were the biggest things in my life, and will probably shape the rest of my life in ways that I do not know. Simply because I have faith. 

So here is it, almost midnight as I wait for my phone to finish updating and I'm beginning my first attempt at a blog. Love it, hate it, never comment, say what ever you want to but I hope that maybe someone will read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment