This past week has been super busy! I graduated from the University of South Carolina (the REAL USC) on Monday, which would have made this a good week. But then Wednesday I signed all papers with the girl who will be sub-leasing my apartment, which would have made it a better week. But signing the papers happened after I have surgery to remove a ping-pong sized lump from my right breast and my recovery time has been like 2 hours after I got home that day. So that has made this a great week. But then Thursday my mom and I packed up my apartment so that Friday we could go shopping, both good things. And then today I got all moved out of my apartment so that the new girl can move in, a wonderful thing. But to top it all off I heard from Talbots in Mt Pleasant today and I now have a job!!! And to celebrate it all my parents, an aunt, uncle and cousin and myself went out to dinner. So this week has gone from good, to great, to wonderful, to just flat out one hell of a week.
I can't believe that this time a week ago I was in my apartment and now all my stuff is in storage waiting to be moved to Mt Pleasant. I can't wait to be down there, by all my friends. It seems that this week everything has just fallen into place and God has really done his thing. It has taken a LOT of faith to believe that everything would work out, and now that it has I wonder why I doubted. The other great thing that happened is that my mom got a job as well. She has been looking since August and finally got hired to mentor student athletes at USC. It is not her "dream job" but it is something and she is looking forward to it. So there you go. That has been my week. And now the next two weeks are going to be crazy! I go back to the doctor on Thursday to get my stitches out, Friday is Christmas Eve, Saturday is Christmas, I find out Monday when I start my job, and by next Monday I should be down in Mt Pleasant!
It seems hard to believe that all of that happened in less than seven days. This week has felt very long and yet it has flown by.
This time of year always makes me think of those who not as fortunate as I am, or my family. My parents have a house, that lacks some insulation but is warm none the less. We all have cars that work and get us where we need to go, and as of today we all have jobs. We have clothes that keep us warm, and we have many options as to what we want to wear. We can buy each other gifts for Christmas, travel to see family, and eat bountiful meals. We have so much to be thankful for that it seems pointless to complain about what we do not have. I wish that everyone would stop and take a moment to be thankful for what they have, instead of complaining about what they do not have. In this midst of all this wonderful stuff that has been going on for me and my family, I pray that others will receive good news and have a reason to celebrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment