By tonight I should be done with three of my four classes. All I will have left to do is take my one exam next Thursday and then I will be done with my undergraduate degree! It feels weird to be almost done with something that has taken four and a half years. It also means that I'm one step closer to moving to the Charleston and being closer to John. The other weird thing is not having a job yet. I always thought that when I graduated college I would have a job all lined up, ready for me to start as soon as I got my diploma. Or at least I would be getting married and that would be my focus. But neither of those are happening and I'm good with not getting married right now, I would like to know that I can work and support myself before I get married. But not having a job lined up is stressing me out. I know that there are many other college graduates going through the same thing and it sucks. My mom doesn't have a job right now, but it's not for a lack of trying on her part. She applies to jobs that she is qualified for but nothing is happening for her and it sucks to watch her go through that.
But here I am writing this post and not getting ready to go and finish a class (I hate astronomy). In a strange way I want to put it off for a bit longer, have homework that I need to do by Monday or something like that. Because when I finish my unit tests for astronomy and take my online exam all I will have left of my college career is one exam, and that is scary. For the first time I will not have to go back to class after Christmas, or get a week off in the spring. I will be in the "real" world and I am looking forward to it, but it can be scary. To have to pay your own bills with the help of parents, and to no longer live with them. For the first time my permanent address will not be the same as my parents. Ok I need to stop thinking about this, enjoy the freedom that I have this next week, cheer on my Gamecocks in the SEC championship game and finish my college career.
No comments:
Post a Comment