Wow, it has been a while since I wrote anything and many things have happened. I am officially all moved to Charleston (yay!) and have begun my job. I'm excited to be close to my friends and John, but it was a little sad to leave my parents. With this move I no longer live with them, and any time I go back it will be to visit and not to stay. It seems very fitting that this change happened at the end of the year because it is a literal turning of a page. December 2010 could be the best month from 2010. I graduated college, moved to Charleston, got a job and could not be happier about it all!
This new year will bring so many new chapters beginning with tonight. This will be the first New Years that I do not see my parents and ring in the new year with them. Lame I know but at the same time I am so close to my parents that I never really minded. Tomorrow I will not go to my grandparents and have a traditional New Years Day meal of collards (for money), black eyed peas (for good luck) and fat back (can never remember what it represents). But I get to start making my own traditions. Like taking down the Christmas tree before Epiphany and spending New Years Day doing nothing. I am excited to see what 2011 brings and hope that it will be better than 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment