I am about to start cleaning house on my facebook. There are people on there that I never talk to, never really have, and do not plan on talking to in the future. But then I start to think about the "what ifs" when it comes to deleting people. They say that if you aren't friends on facebook then you really aren't friends, and the ultimate snub is to un-friend someone. But there are times when I just don't want to see certain people, so maybe I will hide them from my feed, because then I haven't un-friended them I just don't see what goes on with them.
The reason I say all of this is because of a girl I went to high school with, who is not a friend per-say but maybe more of an acquaintance. I was able to give her some good advice on her up-coming wedding and thought that she and I were friends, but I have not been invited to her wedding or bridal shower. So fine, we are not friends. Or at least we are not good enough friends to invite to events such as that. But does that mean that we should not be friends on facebook? Is facebook the ultimate status on friendship, or should you count that as just people you know who also have a facebook account? Or should we go by what the Bible says? Are we not supposed to be-friend all whom we come across in the name of our Lord? This kind of also ties into a situation that is going on at work. I am at a point where I can not continue to work for some of the people in charge because of how they treat people and their feeling of entitlement and how they overtly lie to the district manager. So the job hunt has begun anew. Yet I am struggling with how to interact with these people until I find something new.
My question for now, is what is the test of friendship? Is it "being friends" on facebook, is it actually knowing the person and doing things with him/her, or is what God has told us? Or is it simply being nice to person to their face but not really caring about them? Does friendship have a universal meaning or do individuals have their own definition? And yet could there be different levels of friendship, with the most shallow being a farce and the deepest being something akin to family? If it is the last suggestion then I am sorry to say that I do not have many friendship like that and am not sure if I ever will. So for now I do not have much to say that is nice about people, thus I blog to get my feelings out so I do not explode about any of this one day for no reason.
No comments:
Post a Comment