So.... here begins a month of flying to Nashville for meetings. I am sitting in the airport in Charlotte waiting for my flight that doesn't leave for another hour. And I get to do this two more time this month. I will be back here next Wednesday, and then the following Tuesday. Oh joy.
One day I would like to go to Nashville and see Music Row, the Grand Ole Opery, go out to small little bars and hear the local talent. Simply put, I want to see Nashville. I have been many times in the past two years, but each time I was in meetings the whole time and thus I have seen more of the Sharedon at the Opery and the GCFA headquarters than anything else. In fact I could probably make my way around said hotel without any assistance, but they do have comfy beds.
I had the chance to see Nashville many moons ago when I was on a trip across this great country with my parents. But I was informed that we did not have time to stop and look around the home of country music, but not to worry we were going to stop in Memphis to see Elvis. Ugh! I was so frustrated, but I was told that I would make it back one day. When I was appointed to GCFA and found out that I would be going to Nashville many times over the next four years, my dad pointed out that I would now get to go to Nashville. Well he was technically right, but I have yet to see any of it.
All of this is to say that I'm tired of traveling to a city I never see that is filled with wonderful treasures. So maybe one day I will get to go to Nashville and see what that city is all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment